Re: {Collins} Step-start for 30L-1 - Good idea?

Someone emailed me privately, questioning the need for a step-start in the 30L-1, saying that "Those 811A's can take the initial surge.  Have you ever heard of a failure related to the in-rush current?".  Good point... no I have never personally hears of a failure so related (which doesn't necessarily mean anything).  But I am also in the process of restoring a Heath Warrior (4x811A) and someone whose opinion I respect advises I should consider putting a step-start in that.

So, what say all of you?  Would a step-start be worth the effort and expense ($30 plus shipping) for the 30L-1?  Perhaps for no better reason than to go a bit easier on the on-off switch, which I'm told is subject to burnout and is a real bear to get at if it needs to be replaced?

Rick WA1RKT