From: "W4FID - John Wiley" <W4FID@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Rick Poole WA1RKT" <wa1rkt@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "collins" <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 4, 2014 3:25:12 PM
Subject: Re: {Collins} Step-start for 30L-1 - Good idea?

For what it's worth .............. not pure but works nice and is low cost
............ I use and MFJ inrush guard. They make both 120 and 240 volt
models for about $80. You get some inrush protection and you get an on/off
switch. Is the on/off switch in your 30L-1 worth $80? Mine is. If you can
find one I think it's a bear to replace! I have the thing mounted along side
the desk under the "lip" edge where it's about out of sight so it doesn't
even pollute the Collins picture when I take one.

John W4FID