From: Collins [mailto:collins-bounces+bdr=rosenbergmorse.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of W4FID - John Wiley
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2014 2:25 PM
To: Rick Poole WA1RKT; collins
Subject: Re: {Collins} Step-start for 30L-1 - Good idea?

For what it's worth .............. not pure but works nice and is low cost
............ I use and MFJ inrush guard. They make both 120 and 240 volt
models for about $80. You get some inrush protection and you get an on/off
switch. Is the on/off switch in your 30L-1 worth $80? Mine is. If you can
find one I think it's a bear to replace! I have the thing mounted along side
the desk under the "lip" edge where it's about out of sight so it doesn't
even pollute the Collins picture when I take one.

John W4FID