Re: {Collins} Step-start for 30L-1 - Good idea?

From: "Brent D. Rosenberg" <Bdr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 4, 2014 3:41:01 PM

>> Glad I followed this thread as I'm about to get
>> the 30L-1 operational. I found the inrush guard.
>> It's actually an Ameritron product and available
>> on their website as models ICP-120 or ICP-240.
>> Looks like a simple solution.

Good afternoon, Brent.

Keep one thing in mind (besides the almost-3x-the cost of the Harbach)... the Ameritron unit only limits the current to about 12 amps.  Is that good enough to provide the desired level of protection?  I don't know but it's worth looking into and asking the question.  It does seem like that unit is more suited to the higher-power amps of the SB-220 class.

Rick WA1RKT