Re: {Collins} Step-start for 30L-1 - Good idea?

There are 2 fail modes for the KWM-2 switch.
Electrical and mechanical.

The small, round Oak switch has a hair like wire inside that will either
break off or burn up.
These Oak switch elements can be replaced if you can find them.

The mechanical snap-over-center assy that the Oak switch mounts on....will
break with repeated operation.
The over-center part of the switch breaks and then the Oak switch cannot be
operated....even if the switch is still good.
I doubt that any of these mechanical assys are available anywhere any more.

The relay in the 516F-2 is just not needed because it only helps with the
electrical switch problem...it does nothing for the mechanical breakage.

Just use a switched outlet and the power supply will not need any
modification....and retain its value.

73

David Harmon
K6XYZ