Re: {Collins} Step-start for 30L-1 - Good idea?

Hi David.

> Just use a switched outlet and the power supply will not need any
> modification....and retain its value.

Very true, and a very good solution.  I had considered it as well.

The one big reason I opted for the relay is I had to rebuild all
the power supplies anyway, and the change is 100% reversible.  The
other reason is with the number of rigs I have with "unobtainium"
power switches would make it a little difficult to find convenient
homes for all the switched outlet strips.

It does indeed sound like there is a likely mechanical failure mode
which would argue for the power strip choice.  As far as I know this
is not the case for the Drake TR-3 / TR-4 and Collins 32S-1 and KWM-2
I currently have going.

73

- Mark  N1VQW