From: Collins [mailto:collins-bounces+sunspot=rockisland.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Rick Poole WA1RKT
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2014 1:16 PM
To: collins
Subject: Re: {Collins} Step-start for 30L-1 - Good idea?

From: "Brent D. Rosenberg" <Bdr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 4, 2014 3:41:01 PM

>> Glad I followed this thread as I'm about to get the 30L-1
>> operational. I found the inrush guard.
>> It's actually an Ameritron product and available on their website as
>> models ICP-120 or ICP-240.
>> Looks like a simple solution.

Good afternoon, Brent.

Keep one thing in mind (besides the almost-3x-the cost of the Harbach)...
the Ameritron unit only limits the current to about 12 amps.  Is that good
enough to provide the desired level of protection?  I don't know but it's
worth looking into and asking the question.  It does seem like that unit is
more suited to the higher-power amps of the SB-220 class.

Rick WA1RKT
*** You are subscribed to Collins as sunspot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. If you wish to