From: Collins [mailto:collins-bounces+k6xyz=sbcglobal.net@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of John Duffield
Sent: Saturday, November 8, 2014 12:31 AM
To: collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: {Collins} [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: 30L-1 - convert between 115V
and 230V

Hey, Dave - it might be a little more complete to mention to Stan that 4
amps of current from a 240 volt source is exactly the same amount of power
(watts) thru the transformer as 8 amps of current from a 120 volt source.
The arithmetic proves the case... Watts = E volts X I current.

Now... if you want to talk about voltage loss through the power cords and
connectors and 90 feet to the breaker box.... that might be a productive
discussion, but the amplifier performance at the transformer is identical in
both cases.  The power is not dissipated in the power
supply transformer, of course....   the filaments get hot, and the
antenna gets RF power... Fun discussion !!

John
K0KHZ