Re: {Collins} [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: 30L-1 - convert between 115V and 230V

No one has mentioned the the house circuit feeding the receptacle into which the Collins amp is connected. Small gauge wire and 10 or 15 amp fuses were the norm back in the 50's/60's. High I squared R losses  in the house circuit feeding the amp
would result in very low voltage at the amp hampering performance as well as current draw too close to fuse rating, i.e. Nuisance blowing of the fuse. So...up the voltage to 220v, use the same 2 conductor wire and utilize the 220v input option built into the amp and life was good, nuisance trips eliminated, adequate voltage, lower heating of the house wiring, etc..
My two cents.
Larry