{Collins} Collins KWM-2 MIC GAIN settings. asnd being rude to mike elements

I vote for 12 o clock as being OK but a lot. Purists plug your ears; to determine low Z high Z elements: The DC resistance depends so much on the size of the wire but GENERALLY 150 to downward a as little as 15 Ohms is a low impedance element and a high Z element will be in the range of 1000 Ohms or so., I have heard all the stories about magnetizing and killing elements but I am yet to see this, in the modern world. I would use a modern DVM and NOT a say a Radio Cities Products that is as old as you are with a 1 Ma. meter movement.... Ted WA8ULG