Re: {Collins} Electrovoice Aviation Microphone M92A/U

 Hi Roy
This could be for a carbon Mic input.
                   Stan K6RMR

Collins folks,

I’ve unearthed an Electro-Voice Aviation Microphone M92A/U with cord and PJ-068 plug. I assume this was used in aircraft from what I can learn on the Internet.

The element in it is very much like the mike on my flight helmet. The case appears to include a transformer, two RF chokes and the switch. I wonder what is in that potted compartment in there.

I’m assuming that the plug tip is grounded when the switch is pushed, but I can’t get ohmmeter continuity.

Has anyone used this kind of mike on their S-line or other transmitter?

Roy

Roy Morgan
RoyMorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxx
K1LKY Since 1958