{Collins} ALC on KWM-2

Anyone out there have this issue: I use the rig pretty regularly for
listening in on Sundays to the net.
1.Yesterday I went to check in on the net and no microphone
audio...deader than a door nail
2. Checked all the tubes and V4 was bad,
3. So all is well in that regard but now when I kick the meter switch to
ALC the needle immediately pins to the right then after about 2 seconds
the meter drops back to "normal" where I can then set the ALC to "0"

Checked around V17 and looks like some of the resitance measurements are
off on pins 6&7 and looked at the rats nest of components in and around
that tube and figured I'd better do a bit more research!
Bob
wa0vrc