From: Collins [mailto:collins-bounces+wcarns=austin.rr.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of carl domanico
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2014 8:07 AM
To: collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: {Collins} 30L-1 / 20.5' Cable

OK thanks everyone for your input.so basically since i did get some varying
suggestions on this matter it looks like the final outcome is that for all
practical purposes.either length will work fine.as I mentioned I have used
the 20.5' on my first 30L-1 some 20 + years ago and have the a 5' length on
my second 30L-1 and both seem to function fine.so I guess I will just leave
it that way !
I use a G5RV antenna at this point..so I tune the exciter into my dummy
load..then drive the amp .and tune that into my dummy load..then adjust my
Palstar Tuner for minimum SWR at the frequency of operation..seems to work
ok ! i was just curious about that 20.5' length It seems to work fine either
way.so now I am useing the 5 ' length...

Thanks a lot everyone..so it is not a critical matter.and seems to work fine
weather I use the longer length or shorter length, just wanted input on that
since it seemed to be a grey area..

Thanks
Carl
WB2PVY