From: Collins [mailto:collins-bounces+k6xyz=sbcglobal.net@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Michael F. Sear
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 1:14 AM
To: 'W. Harris'; collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: {Collins} 30L-1 input coax

To All,

The Collins instruction book/manual for my 30L1, 3rd edition,15 August 1961,
states in the various interconnection diagram notes " THIS CABLE IS
FURNISHED WITH  30L-1 IN 20.5 FT LENGTH. DO NOT CUT"

There must have been a reason for the Design Engineer to be so clear with a
specific note for all equipment Rf input interconnection options including
the KWM-1. All the other RCA interconnection cables are obviously shorter
and would seem to rule out a remote location option. Probably has to do with
what the input circuit wants to see from the exciter.

If anyone has some specific insight on the "as designed" 20.5 Ft. OEM cable
it will be appreciate. For now I will continue to use the 20.5 ft. RG-58 C/U
cable per the instruction book.

73,

Mike N7TLL
CCA AC94-10293