Re: {Collins} 30L-1 --- soft start and power supply * realy Bd

I just purchased a k6hm p.s.board for my 30L1 last week.  Super easy install and great design.  I specifically like the single board design!
G.l. ES 73 8tow

-------- Original message --------
From: John Altman <wa4aip@xxxxxxxxx>
Date:17/11/2014  17:39  (GMT-05:00)
To: collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: {Collins} 30L-1 --- soft start and power supply * realy Bd

I have a 30L-1 due in this week ... it is supposedly low usage (2 owners)
and "original" ...

Questions please ...

1.  some have said a soft start is necessary in order to use with my Yaesu
FT-2000D ?

2.  anyone dealt with or know of Young Kim - K6HM - a CA power supply
engineer who has
     designed and sells complete Power Supply and Relay Board upgrades?
His units are
     complete in that they are not "kits."

I realize there are several updates/mods that I may elect to perform (or
maybe not HI) but these two items seem to be high on the list.

Your comments will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
John
WA4AIP: