Re: {Collins} Resurrecting an S-Line, almost there (and alignment video information)

You know.  If I could read, I would be dangerous :-P

It turns out the problem with the receiver mute was BUoD.  Otherwise
known as Bad User on Device; a.k.a., user error.  Sigh.  I am glad it
turned out to be so simple.  Thank you to all pointing out my error.
Now it is in the archives for the next "rookie" :-) :-)

There were also a couple of questions about the S-Line videos.  They
are from Hi-Res Communications, and you can read about them here:

    http://www.collinsradio.org/category/books-videos-manuals/

While videos are for the 32S-3 and 75S-3, and do not specifically call
out the differences for the 32S-1 and 75S-1, they are similar enough
so a lot of the information applies.  There are really only two things
of which you should be aware:

   1)   There is circuitry / adjustments in the -3 variants which
        are not needed in the -1 variants.  Particularly the 75S-3.

   2)   Some of the component references, particularly the some of
        the various transformers, are different between the -1 and -3
        variants.  However, it you look at the -3 and -1 schematics
        (on the Collins Radio site as well) side by side it is pretty
        easy to choose the correct component in the -1 variant.

I also got the KWM-2 DVD which will be useful when I get further along
with my KWM-2.

I'm going to have to start listening for the Collins Net and see if I
can check in with my "new" gear.

73

- Mark  N1VQW