From: "Steve Wender" <tobiebw2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "collins" <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 11:58:06 PM
Subject: {Collins} 51S-1

Hi All,

I am trying to bring a 51S-1 back to life.  I have tested the tubes and
found many showing shorts and I replaced them.  The 7543 oscillator tube
is also showing a short and I replaced it with a 6AU6.  How bad is
that?  It seems to work.  Should I bother buying a 7543?  They don't
seem too expensive. What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

Steve
KC5WN