To: <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 11:58 PM
Subject: {Collins} 51S-1

Hi All,

I am trying to bring a 51S-1 back to life. I have tested the tubes and found many showing shorts and I replaced them. The 7543 oscillator tube is also showing a short and I replaced it with a 6AU6. How bad is that? It seems to work. Should I bother buying a 7543? They don't seem too expensive. What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

Steve
KC5WN
*** You are subscribed to Collins as pincon@xxxxxxxxx. If you wish to unsubscribe, or modify your preferences please visit http://mailman.listserve.com/listmanager/listinfo/collins ***