Re: {Collins} Tube set up fro 572B.............

I was under the impression that the 572B and the 811-A had the same filament ratings.

73, Charlie k3ICH

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roy Morgan" <k1lky68@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Charlie T, K3ICH" <pincon@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <COLLINS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2014 10:53 AM
Subject: Re: {Collins} Tube set up fro 572B.............

On Nov 20, 2014, at 8:35 AM, Charlie T, K3ICH <pincon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I generally use the same settings for an 811-A.

Anybody got any thoughts on why this won't be acceptable?

I think it will give you very useful results. But:

The filament current needed may overtax the tester transformer. Unless you have information on the tester current ability, maybe very short testing periods would be in order.

Roy

Roy Morgan
RoyMorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxx
K1LKY Since 1958