{Collins} Very Curious

Does anyone know who the buyer was that won the SSB Penetrator  transceiver
auction on eBay that just closed at $4500.  Wow.

I was curious to start with because this transceiver had some "Collins"
attributes, but not made by Collins (I don't think)..  Very high quality
though. Now, I figure someone knows something about the history of that unit
that makes it important.

I would love to know the history behind that rig and how it relates to
Collins development of the S-Line. It was obviously developed after the
KWM-1 and very close in time to the S-Line intro.

Reply off list and then, if appropriate, I will fill you all in.

Bill

Bill Carns, N7OTQ

Trustee K0CXX

President, Collins Collectors Association

Editor, Signal Magazine

Wimberley, TX

512 618 2762  (Cell)

512 847 7010  (Home)