Re: {Collins} 30S-1 Plate Reactor replacement

Hello Chuck,

The guy I bought my 30S-1 from, quite a few years ago, had placed the choke and the big plate transformer on small rubber rings to help eliminate the hum. I put them back in place when I reassembled them (from being removed for shipping) and can barely hear any hum that is generated.

I am not sure if this is a good idea or not but my 30S-1 has always been happy with that "option"

Walt K7CCA