Re: {Collins} Remembering Bud Whitney - K7RMT

Bill,

Thanks for the update. I am glad to hear she is doing OK...

I agree that in addition to "thanks" this weekend, it is also a time for remembrance.

I was honored and humbled to get an eyeball with him, when I visited Wimberley.  I was a huge fan of his, because when Jay Roman, Bill Wheeler and I were running the early CCA 20M nets, he was always there, unselfishly offering his expertise. He told me that he had just as much fun as we did...I hope so, because we had a blast! 73 & R.I.P. Bud, we will never forget you!

Thanks again, Bill...
--
73 de W8RO
Floyd Soo

Sent from my 4G LTE smart-aleck phone

widow's status. As many of you know, she has Parkinson's and is somewhat
limited in her activities...BUT, Chuck and Marion Anima (Chuck is retired
Collins and one of their servo autotune gurus) and I had Thanksgiving dinner
with her yesterday and she is basically doing fine. We had a wonderful time
together. She is now living in an assisted living facility in San Marcos -
about 15 minutes from here.

We all remember Bud - quite often I think - and he is surely missed. He
always used to do a smoked turkey (his were to die for) at Christmas and
Thanksgiving and he was quite a chef when it came to the smoker or BBQ. So,
this time of year - he is particularly thought of often and remembered with
a smile.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you -  and Happy Holidays to come. Be careful
out there.

Best Regards,

Bill Carns, N7OTQ

Trustee K0CXX

President, Collins Collectors Association

Editor, Signal Magazine

Wimberley, TX

512 618 2762  (Cell)

512 847 7010  (Home)