{Collins} Remembering Bud Whitney - K7RMT

Bud was indeed quite the smoker and/or BBQ chef !  Like Floyd, Beth and I
had the honor of visiting Bud and Jan after a business trip out to San
Antonio.  We had a great day visiting, talking Collins and solving the
worlds problems.

Later, as a "thank you," I sent Bud a Charcoal Chimney telling him on the
air that its purpose was to light his coals without suffering the taste of
charcoal lighter distillates with the food.  A week or so later, I was on
the with with him as we often spoke in the AM on 20M with the small group
that met.  Bud said he was completely "sold" on the chimney and could taste
the difference.

Luckily, I have a cassette tape made off air after Bud went through my "S"
Line.  I happened to check it the other day and it still safely tucked away
with its manuals, service bulletins, etc.

He is sorely missed but, its good to hear that Jan is doing ok.

Chuck Rippel
WA4HHG