Re: {Collins} Testing accuracy for the 6BN8 vacuum tube

I got the same results testing them on a TV-7 Tester.

73, Dick, W1KSZ

On 4/12/2015 9:33 PM, jack m wrote:
Has anyone else observed that most 6BN8 Triode sections don't test very high, or consistently using the selector settings in the Heath TT-1A charts?  Most NOS NIB tubes I test of this type are "slow" and very few meet the 810 mmho reading (most go about halfway), while the two diodes always seem to test good.  This is true for both of my TT-1A's.  The tubes always seem to work in their KWM-2 circuits very well, however.  I do not have a Hickock or TV-7 to compare.
I never use the current limiting filament settings - just the straight 6.3 volts. Thanks for any feedback. Jack W3RU
*** You are subscribed to Collins as w1ksz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx. If you wish to unsubscribe, or modify your preferences please visit http://mailman.listserve.com/listmanager/listinfo/collins ***