From: Collins [mailto:collins-bounces+mikeg41=roadrunner.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gary J FollettDukes HiFi
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2015 8:40 PM
To: Richard Solomon
Cc: COLLINS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: {Collins} KWM-2A Relay Replacement Mod

To say that it is daunting is an understatement. There are a lot of wires and not much excess length on most of them.

I  did it once a long time ago. It IS possible. The best things is to ensure that you mark EVERY wire with the number of the pin of the old relay from which it came.

Another trick is that it is not all that i,portent to connect to the same relative trio of relay pins on the replacements as the originals. To be sure, one needs to stay within the same relay all of the time but it does not matter which triad you use on a given relay. Of course you need to get the Common, Normally Open and Normally Closed leads in the right place within the triads.

I do have one set of new old stock relays for this. I don’t have the sockets, but they are surprisingly common - I think you can still get them new. I may have some hidden in the dungeon.

The relays are the correct ones, came out of a Collins parts box, and are unused.

$40 each shipped.