Re: {Collins} Need RCA SK3089 diode data (312B-4 mod)

I will make a general comment to everyone..  Making the wattmeter (302C-3)
"More Peak Reading" is not a good plan...  It is then neither fish nor fowl.

To make it Peak Reading (nice to have), just use the very reasonable and
very high quality peak reading wattmeter board mod that is offered by Floyd
Soo, W8RO, and his company is Hi Res Communication. The contact info is in
our Support Directory.

Otherwise, it should be left configured as is so it is an average power
meter the way it was designed.  It is a very good design and can easily be
updated with modern Schottky diodes or modern germanium. Either will work.

Bill

Bill Carns, N7OTQ (Trustee K0CXX)
Past President, Collins Collectors Association
Founding Board, Collins Radio Heritage Group
Editor, Signal Magazine
Wimberley, TX
512 618 2762  (Cell)
512 847 7010  (Home)