Re: {Collins} Need RCA SK3089 diode data (312B-4 mod)

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the info.

I didn't know about the W8RO board, and don't doubt that it's better than
adding the capacitors.

However, from my old notes, it looks like Collins used those capacitors in
their 302C wattmeter (IIRC, very similar to the 312B-4). There must have
been a good reason.

Adding those caps --as Collins did in the 302C-- made a tremendous
improvement on SSB. I'd try and explain, but I have to get back to work.

I'm not certain what you mean by "neither fish nor fowl". However, before I
added those capacitors, my D-104 (with the 32S-3's 100K load) barely made
the 312B-4 needle flicker off of zero on SSB,
*regardless of the mic gain setting.*
73, Mike
www.w0btu.com