Re: {Collins} Need RCA SK3089 diode data (312B-4 mod)

Well, there's nothing about this in my Collins file, even in the
correspondence I had with W7BUN. So I went back to Google.

Take a look at the last page of this PDF document, last page, first column,
bottom paragraph under the heading "Monitoring S.S.B. Power Level". It's an
April 1959 QST article. (Hey, maybe it's a classic ARRL QST April Fool's
article! ;-)

www.aeroelectric.com/articles/RF_PWR_Meter/5904024.pdf

According to this --and contrary to the 302C manual I downloaded earlier--
the Collins 302C *DOES* use a capacitor as I mentioned in another thread.

Comments welcome, and I am still interested in the reason for the diode mod.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com