{Collins} KWM2-A - ? New AGC Problem

I turned on my KWM2-A this afternoon and immediately was struck by very high
S-meter readings.  The receiver is very "hot" (sensitive).  The no signal
S-meter position today is about S-9+10 and most signals pin the S-meter with
the RF gain set to max.  The 2A is behaving normally otherwise.  It seems
like the AGC action is absent.  I was making some adjustments before going
on the air.  Is it possible that I accidentally turned something to cause
this change?  I swapped out the 516F-2 for a different one and it made no
difference.

I am looking for suggestions on how to troubleshoot this problem.

Thanks and 73,

Torrey N9PY