From: Collins [mailto:collins-bounces+jonesjames=imonmail.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bill Carns
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 7:33 PM
To: awaschka@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; 'David C. Hallam'; 'Collins List'
Subject: Re: {Collins} SDR Radio

Educated again.

:-)

From: awaschka@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:awaschka@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 4:41 PM
To: Bill Carns; 'David C. Hallam'; 'Collins List'

Actually, an IF DSP, given that the demodulators are implemented in software, meets the definition of an SDR.  See http://users.skynet.be/myspace/mdsr/

It is only recently that, for certain applications, downconversion and upconversion have been implemented in the sampling process to allow an almost all software-defined radio.  High power output and low noise high dynamic range input are still a challenge for all digital techniques.

Only my opinion, of course….

Al

K5TAN

Sent from Windows Mail