Re: {Collins} Directional Coupler Problem

Q2 2005 Signal had a great article by Rod Blocksome of Collins Radio
(Rockwell Collins) on how to calibrate the 312B-4 (or any Collins Wattmeter
using a Bruene Coupler).
http://collinsradio.org/Signal/newsletters/SIGNAL_38_2Qtr05.pdf

This is the first step..  It sounds like someone has been tweaking on it..
Start with the recalibration and then let us know what you have achieved -
or what the status is.
It is possible that someone has over-stressed the coupler and that the
diodes need replacing..
Recal first, and if you can't get it aligned, then start by replacing the
diodes and recal again Dick.

Bill

Bill Carns, N7OTQ (Trustee K0CXX)
Past President, Collins Collectors Association
Founding Board, Collins Radio Heritage Group
Editor, Signal Magazine
Wimberley, TX
512 618 2762  (Cell)
512 847 7010  (Home)