Re: {Collins} 51J-2 kilocycle dial

I believe the Brown stain is from light, either sunlight or the bulb behind it.
Unfortunately I don't think it can be removed.

Howard Mills sells replacements, in the $10 - $20 range but don't quote me.
Contact info on the CCA site.

The screws are typically Bristol and are "set" in place with the green stuff.
Often the knobs have allen screws instead.