Re: {Collins} Collins Directional Coupler; More News

FYI, I have some tantalums installed in mine. And I LOVE the way it works
with them.

This was discussed here earlier this month:

> 2.) 7.1 uF tantalum capacitors to make it more peak-reading, as the
Collins 302C wattmeter has.
>  One 7.1 uF capacitor goes between R3/R5/L1 and ground; the other one
between R4/R6/L2 and ground.
>  The negative lead on each tantalum capacitor is grounded.
>  Three 2.7 uF/20v in parallel = 7.1 uF.

Not everyone one the list agreed with me, but I stand by what I said about
the tantalums. Several people e-mailed me offline and agreed. Suit
yourself. :-)

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com