Re: {Collins} Collins Directional Coupler; More News

....or, you may be able to buy small square brass tubing at your local hobby
shop.  Chuck a piece of this in a small file handle and you may have just
the tool you need.

73 & GL

Mike W2IY


-----Original Message-----
From: Collins [] On
Behalf Of Roy Morgan
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2015 4:28 PM
To: Richard Solomon
Cc: Collins
Subject: Re: {Collins} Collins Directional Coupler; More News



On May 22, 2015, at 3:34 PM, Richard Solomon <w1ksz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:


> One new quirk, I was going to tweak the null on the two piston trimmers

> noticed they have a square head ?????...

> What do you use to tweak these things ? Probably some unobtanium tool.




May I suggest two approaches:


1) don't mess with the trimmers.  Assume that they are ok the way they are.


2) If you do decided to adjust them:


 a) use a small needle nose pliers and be careful


 b) make a tool.  Drill into a rod of some sort (perhaps brass) and get out
your tiniest needle fie and make the hole square.  Then: advertise coupler
alignment services as the only known facility that's properly equipped to do
the job.




Roy Morgan


K1LKY Since 1958


*** You are subscribed to Collins as w2iy@xxxxxxxxxxx. If you wish to
unsubscribe, or modify your preferences please visit ***




No virus found in this message.

Checked by AVG -

Version: 2014.0.4800 / Virus Database: 4311/9841 - Release Date: 05/22/15


This archive was generated by a fusion of Pipermail (Mailman edition) and MHonArc.