Re: {Collins} Collins Directional Coupler; More News

According to my high precision Harbor Freight Digital Caliper it is 0.065 in. square.

73, Dick, W1KSZ

On 5/22/2015 2:47 PM, Michael Tortorella wrote:

....or, you may be able to buy small square brass tubing at your local hobby shop. Chuck a piece of this in a small file handle and you may have just the tool you need.

73 & GL

Mike W2IY

-----Original Message-----
From: Collins [mailto:collins-bounces+w2iy=verizon.net@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Roy Morgan
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2015 4:28 PM
To: Richard Solomon
Cc: Collins
Subject: Re: {Collins} Collins Directional Coupler; More News

On May 22, 2015, at 3:34 PM, Richard Solomon <w1ksz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> One new quirk, I was going to tweak the null on the two piston trimmers and

> noticed they have a square head ?????...

> What do you use to tweak these things ? Probably some unobtanium tool.

Richard,

May I suggest two approaches:

1) don’t mess with the trimmers. Assume that they are ok the way they are.

2) If you do decided to adjust them:

 a) use a small needle nose pliers and be careful

b) make a tool. Drill into a rod of some sort (perhaps brass) and get out your tiniest needle fie and make the hole square. Then: advertise coupler alignment services as the only known facility that’s properly equipped to do the job.

Roy

Roy Morgan

k1lky68@xxxxxxxxx

K1LKY Since 1958