From: Collins [mailto:collins-bounces+gahart=ix.netcom.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Stanley M Miln
Sent: Monday, May 25, 2015 10:11 PM
To: Craig; Peter Wittenberg Sr
Cc: collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: {Collins} Cetron 811A Blues and Surplus Sales

  Hi Guys
 I bought a set of 811A's from ALpha Amplifires  about 2 years ago. I sent
pictures of my RCA Tubes  to their engineer.The engineer said their Tubes
were  a good match for my 30L1.
  The 811As were $17 each and
 $1 each to match them. I have a 3 year waranty on  the tubes. I have been
using them for 2 years now  with no issues. The RCA tubes put 600 watts  in
to my Dummy load and with the ALpha'
 I get about 550 Watts.
              Stan K6RMR

>I had zero issues with rf parts tubes...many tubes bought and no
>failures
>

>> On May 25, 2015, at 5:04 PM, Peter Wittenberg Sr <K2LRC@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Joe, I have had a very similar reply from Bob in Surplus Sales after
>> being a long term multi purchase buyer of these Cetron 811A's. I had
>> two tubes burn out, in two different 30L-1's, at turn on after having
>> then for a few weeks.  He replaced one and fought me over the second
>> one. Most all of the tubes had loose bases and some had loose top caps.
>>
>> A month or so later I went to order another three sets of 4 matched
>> 811A's from him and he refused to sell me any more tubes and blamed
>> me for misusing the tubes in my application.  I still have a copy of
>> his email..
>>
>> Certainly not a Customer Oriented shop or people...
>>
>> -73- Peter K2LRC
>> www.k2lrc.com
>> God Bless America !
>>
>> "When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know
>> whether to answer "present" or "not guilty."  Theodore Roosevelt !
>>
>> Limit all politicians to two terms.
>> One in office, One in prison.
>> It works: Detroit and Chicago already do this.

Nebraska.

*** You are subscribed to Collins as gahart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx. If you wish to