{Collins} Big SURPRISE ! BIG Announcement - Arthur's voice

We will keep it short here. I do not know about you all, but I have always
wondered what Art Collins sounded like.  I always wished I could have met
him.

One of our members, who is also a AWA member and was part of the stimulus
for the Collins Radio Heritage Group, has found and conserved a very
revealing recording of Art Collins speaking in public. Art did not like to
speak publically and rarely did this kind of thing. As a result there were -
up until this time - no known recordings of his voice.

Thanks to John Dilks (past QST Editor and preservationist extraordinaire),
and thanks to our relationship with the AWA, we can now bring you this rare
sound file of Art that not only lets us hear him speak, but reveals a side
of him previously not known - at least to most of us.

So, click here -  then read a bit more about the recording and the
incredible circumstances surrounding this revelation. Then ENJOY!  At the
bottom of the web page, you will also find a link to another page giving you
a little more info on Art and this find.

http://www.collinsradio.org/arthurs-voice/

Bill Carns, N7OTQ (Trustee K0CXX)

Past President, Collins Collectors Association

Founding Board, Collins Radio Heritage Group

Editor, Signal Magazine

Wimberley, TX

512 618 2762  (Cell)

512 847 7010  (Home)