Re: {Collins} Collins Serial Numbers

Jim,
My 51F-1 1938 ish Receiver has a serial number 7603 -14.

We are pretty sure from the component parts and configuration that it is
serial number 14 of the 20 some 51F receivers made.

I have other 30s pieces that have a serial number format that is  xxxx-yy ,
where the yy is most likely the serial number, and the four digit number
preceding it is some kind of model related number that did not change..
Now, the puzzling part of the question is what does this xxxx number refer
to.  I have original manuals for several of these pieces and they contain
drawings with drawing numbers but these drawing numbers do not relate to -
or include or refer to - the xxxx number on the actual piece of equipment.

Bill

Bill Carns, N7OTQ (Trustee K0CXX)
Past President, Collins Collectors Association
Founding Board, Collins Radio Heritage Group
Editor, Signal Magazine
Wimberley, TX
512 618 2762  (Cell)
512 847 7010  (Home)