From: "Bill Carns" <wcarns@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2015 6:10 PM
To: <COLLINS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: {Collins} Big SURPRISE ! BIG Announcement - Arthur's voice

We will keep it short here. I do not know about you all, but I have always
wondered what Art Collins sounded like.  I always wished I could have met
him.

One of our members, who is also a AWA member and was part of the stimulus
for the Collins Radio Heritage Group, has found and conserved a very
revealing recording of Art Collins speaking in public. Art did not like to
speak publically and rarely did this kind of thing. As a result there
were -
up until this time - no known recordings of his voice.

Thanks to John Dilks (past QST Editor and preservationist extraordinaire),
and thanks to our relationship with the AWA, we can now bring you this
rare
sound file of Art that not only lets us hear him speak, but reveals a side
of him previously not known - at least to most of us.