Re: {Collins} Crystal Pin Size/Sleeve

unless they have gotten bigger while I got older the big pins are .090 Inch same as an octal tube sockets Ted WA8ULG

----- Original Message ----- From: "bfetters--- via Collins" <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <k4oah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, May 30, 2015 10:46 AM
Subject: Re: {Collins} Crystal Pin Size/Sleeve

Gary,

Thanks.   That works for me.

Buck

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Saturday, May 30, 2015 Garey Barrell <k4oah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Buck - We always just used pins scavenged from dead octal tubes! You can purchase 0.125" o.d. brass tubing from a hobby/model shop... Hobby Lobby, etc. 73, Garey - K4OAH Rome, GA Drake 2-B, 2-C/2-NT, 4-A, 4-B, C-Line and TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs <www.k4oah.com> bfetters--- via Collins wrote: > Is there a "sleeve" or larger pin that fits over the S-line (HC6/U) Collins crystal pins that enlarges them to a .125 size that permits usage in other sockets similar to the old FT-243 crystals? If so, does anyone have some for sale? > > > Thanks. > > > Buck > W0LC > > *** You are subscribed to Collins as awombat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx. If you wish to unsubscribe, or modify your preferences please visit http://mailman.listserve.com/listmanager/listinfo/collins ***