Re: {Collins} Crystal Pin Size/Sleeve

the HC-6 pins were .050 Inches  Ted WA8ULG
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Jones" <jonesjames@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'John Duffield'" <jaduffield@xxxxxxxxxx>; <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, May 30, 2015 5:47 PM
Subject: Re: {Collins} Crystal Pin Size/Sleeve

Older Land Mobile radios used HC6Us with FT-243 pins that I think were
soldered onto the smaller pins. I vaguely recall that International, Sentry
and others included the bigger pins with some crystal orders.

I assumed they were soldered on, but I tried to heat one up with the iron
and it wouldn't budge so they must have been crimped on.

This caught my attention because I'm building adapters for various crystals
for our Collins 233D project.  It has space for 10  crystals that I think
were generally known as FT-249. Three big pins and a case that could hold
two crystals.  Same as used on the TCS, I think.

73
Jim w0nkn