From: Collins [mailto:collins-bounces+k6xyz=sbcglobal.net@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Ora Smith
Sent: Sunday, May 31, 2015 10:24 AM
To: James Tills; <Collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> List
Subject: Re: {Collins} d104

James,

I am using the Heil D104 conversion kit which uses the HC-5 element. I am
not happy with it. While not horrible, the audio has too much bass in it and
sounds muffled. Everyone I've talked with prefers the standard D104 by far
on both my S-line and A-line. The Heil replacement is a low impedance
element, so you have to use a transformer with it to drive any of the
Collins equipment.  I couldn't find another replacement element in
production so I ended up buying an extra D104 in order to get one with a
working element.  If you find a replacement element you like, please post
the info. I'd like to know about it.

73,

Ora
W9DJ
On May 31, 2015, at 11:00 AM, James Tills <jtills@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'd be interested in anyone's opinion on who produces the best replacement
element / model # and if any impedance changes are needed for the rigs /
added to the mic.  Thanks  CUL & 73s   Jim  W7JWT

to unsubscribe, or modify your preferences please visit

Ora Smith
orasmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

*** You are subscribed to Collins as k6xyz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx. If you wish to