Re: {Collins} d104

Here we have two opinions.

This article, while certainly not a work in literary excellence, explains
why we may have this difference of opinion.

http://www.w0btu.com/ssb_audio-weak_signal.html

I think it's too technical and needs to be re-written (it goes over some
people's heads), but it is what it is. When I wrote it, I had the D-104 and
Collins S-line in mind, as you'll see.

If any mic is "bassy", then it's very likely not suited for making your
signal heard through interference, or when you're not moving the other
fellow's S-meter. But it may very well sound more "studio quality" if your
signal is loud.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com