Re: {Collins} KWS-1 Ballast tube question.

You and another fellow that answered, Colin, had told me the same thing. I had never noticed this tube Light up before. This morning I flipped the radio on and the ballast tube once again light up, mainly on one side, then as the 5749w came up the ballast tube current went down and the settled to a low dull glow.

The good news is that once again, the radio is FIXED. I have tons of Grid drive again and loaded it up on CW at 500 MA out with mid scale Grid Drive. Everything is back to normal. I was just being cautious as these tubes are now pricey.

Thank you to everyone that has responded! Its been 2 weeks of downtime, I cant wait to fire the rig up tonight after work and spend some time with the old girl!