From: Collins [mailto:collins-bounces+jonesjames=imonmail.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Tom Chirhart
Sent: Friday, November 27, 2015 8:28 AM
To: James Stitzinger <bflinc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: {Collins} More about HF -80

Jim
The Coast Guard used the URG-II extensively at their Radio Stations and
Communications Stations and currently use the URG-III/RT-2200's 4 KW. Most
references are to the USAF use but it's more widely used than just the DoD.
I've seen them survive horrendous lightning storms down at Coast Guard
Communications Station Miami/NMA back in 87-91 when I was stationed there...
Those that were mentioned on your link that were found surplus in California
may have come from Coast Guard Communications Station San Francisco/NMC when
they upgraded to the RT-2200/URG-III's. The RT-2200's may be approaching
their end of service life - so what's on the drawing board for the
replacement? What new features/enhancements are on that drawing board?
73
Tom K4NCG

Sent from my iPad

*** You are subscribed to Collins as jonesjames@xxxxxxxxxxxx. If you wish to