Re: {Collins} Collins 516F2 power supply

W0IY's conversion kit works very well. $85 or do for the complete kit with all components and PCB.

Warren

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 8:19 PM -0700, "Joe W2KJ" <w2kj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:w2kj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Howdy Gang:

Been reading recently about solid-stating the 516F2 power supply including replacing the selenium rectifier in the bias circuit a diode.

Assume that some electrolytics should also be replaced given the age of the unit.

Seems like a good thing to do...I did the power supply rebuild on my Drake AC4 supply and all is fine.

Opinions/suggestions are most welcomed to this Collins newbie.

many thanks for any info.

                        73, Joe W2KJ
                        75S3B/32S3/516F2
*** You are subscribed to Collins as fclass308@xxxxxxxxxxx. If you wish to unsubscribe, or modify your preferences please visit http://mailman.listserve.com/listmanager/listinfo/collins ***