CL-40 Inrush current limiter $1.36ea
http://www.mouser.com/Circuit-Protection/Thermistors/Inrush-Current-Limiters/_/N-axfxj?Keyword=cl-40

73 Bill N4LG

At 12:16 PM 9/8/2016, you wrote:
Neither Mouser nor DigiKey recognize the CL-40 Part Number ??

Got a link to it ?

Tnx, Dick, W1KSZ

-----Original Message-----
From: Collins [mailto:collins-bounces+w1ksz=earthlink.net@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Bill Cotter
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2016 8:38 AM
To: Joe W2KJ; collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: {Collins} Collins 516F2 power supply - SS conversion

Joe,

I forgot to mention:

I added a Keystone CL-40 (5-ohm, 6A) inrush current limiter to the primary of the power transformer in each 516F-2 power supply. The purpose is to reduce the shock and stress on the tubes when the KWM-2A or 32S-3 comes up from a cold start. The CL-40 also reduces the inrush current as the HV/LV
capacitors charge up to full voltage.

The CL-40 part is available from Mouser and others for around $2.
It should be added to any 516F-2 regardless of whether it uses tube
rectifiers or diodes, to extend the life of the tubes in the transceiver or
transmitter.

73 Bill N4LG

*** You are subscribed to Collins as w1ksz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx. If you wish to