{Collins} 75A-2 Receiver

I just received a primo 75A-2. It was a Collins reject in 1951 and has no serial number. A Collins engineer took it and gave it to a friend who found an IF transformer instability that kept it from running properly. It was boxed for more than 30 years and only ran for several hours.
I have not had a chance to put it on a sweep generator yet to confirm the diagnosis. I powered it up and it came up clean. The S-meter responded properly. the audio and IF pots seemed clean but no signal could be heard.
Two questions:

Has anyone encountered an instability in the IF before?

What is this very clean receiver worth?

Regards,
Mike W6MVM