From: thoyer1 <thoyer1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: WA1KBQ <WA1KBQ@xxxxxxx>
Cc: collins <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Sep 29, 2016 3:01 pm
Subject: Re: {Collins} 32S-3 Front Panel

Hmmmm, I'll have to look into how the panel is attached. I saw a guy auctioning off a 32S-3A panel and figured that there must be some 32S-3 panels out there.The only chassis I see on ebay right now are for KWM-2.  I'll poke around again.TomSep 29, 2016 01:02:24 PM, WA1KBQ@xxxxxxx wrote:===========================================If I'm not mistaken, isn't the front panel welded to the chassis? If this is the case, the only remedies would be to either patch the hole, try to recreate the Collins texture and touch-up with an airbrush or replace the front panel applique for a more invisible repair. There is a seller on the popular Internet "auction site" currently offering several stripped 32S chassis which still have front panels. It might  be possible to carefully remove the applique from a 32S donor and re-install it on yours.Greg; WA1KBQ Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone-------- Original message --------From: thoyer1@xxxxxxxxxxx Date: 9/29/16  1:19 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: {Collins} 32S-3 Front Panel What are the chances of finding a front panel for a 32S-3 in good condition. I have a 32S-3 that someone mounted a power switch in the panel and I would like to return it to "stock" looking.Been looking at the typical sites - ebay, QTH, QRZ, etc..... Any other places?TomW3TA*** You are subscribed to Collins as wa1kbq@xxxxxxx. If you wish to unsubscribe, or modify your preferences please visit http://mailman.listserve.com/listmanager/listinfo/collins ****** You are subscribed to Collins as kc9cdt@xxxxxxx. If you wish to unsubscribe, or modify your preferences please visit http://mailman.listserve.com/listmanager/listinfo/collins ***