Re: {Collins} 32S-3 Front Panel

The way I described the front panel earlier might have been better. I meant to say the front panel is actually two piece construction. The structural part is a sheet of stamped aluminium which is welded to the chassis while the decorative part is an overlay or applique which is attached with adhesive. The "unauthorized" switch holes will be present in both parts of course but if you are able to effectively replace the overlay this will vastly improve the cosmetics for you.
The seller who had the 32S parts chassis was hamandhifi (or something close to that) and may be between listings for them right now. He has been listing and relisting three of them in the recent past and as far as I know none have sold yet.
Greg; WA1KBQ

-------- Original message --------I From: thoyer1@xxxxxxxxxxx Date: 9/29/16  3:00 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: WA1KBQ@xxxxxxx eCc: collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re: RE: {Collins} 32S-3 Front Panel
Hmmmm, I'll have to look into how the panel is attached. I saw a guy auctioning off a 32S-3A panel and figured that there must be some 32S-3 panels out there.

The only chassis I see on ebay right now are for KWM-2.  I'll poke around again.

Tom